Wed, Mar 15|
Introduction Wilderness Survival (MAR 2023)
Learn the basics of surviving in the wilderness. Our training is based on elements of the current Royal Canadian Air Force doctrine over a four day intensive course!
Time & Location
Mar 15, 9:00 a.m. EDT – Mar 18, 6:00 p.m. EDT
Shannonville, 181 Power Rd, Shannonville, ON K0K 3A0, Canada
About the event
- Introduction to Psychology of Survival: Enemies of Survival,
- Clothing and Equipment Choices for Survival
- Introduction to the Alert & Response of the Search and Rescue (SAR) system in Canada
- Fire lighting under adverse conditions
- Introduction to Shelter Construction across Environmental Conditions
- Introduction to Effective Signals: Be found, Go home!
- Introduction to Water Procurement & Treatment
- Introduction to Food Gathering & Preparation
- Fire: Multiple methods under varying conditions.
- Introduction to Shelter: Varying types, materials, placements, and the pros & cons of each.
- Signals: Being seen is being rescued! (flares, mirrors, flags etc.)
- Introduction to Water: Purification tabs, pumps, filters, when and where.
- Introduction to Food: Passive techniques for harvesting common plants and animals.
- Introduction to Wilderness First Aid: Awareness and Prevention is key!
- Shelter: Alternative Shelter Options.
- Signals: Go Big and Go Home! Being seen is being rescued! Let's build a Smoke Generator
- Water: Purification tabs, pumps, filters, when and where.
- Food: Passive techniques for harvesting common plants and animals.
Intro to Wilderness Survival
Introduction to Wilderness Survival.$600.00Tax: +$78.00 HSTSale ended